Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Short update

So, I haven´t prepared an extensive update although it is long overdue. However, I wanted to say that things at work are looking up. Today I started tutoring kids in English in the afternoon. They are mostly in their first year of English so it is slow going. I like being able to have my own class with no more than 10 or 12 kids at a time. A couple of kids started to get out of line and start a ruckus, but I layed down the law. I told a kid to leave and from then on they were angels. This whole teaching thing is feeling better and better, especially when they aren´t five years old.
In other news we just said good-bye to an ex-volunteer, Josh. He came to visit us for an extended weekend here in Managua. Let me just say that he is ALWAYS welcome back. It was nice to have another guy in the house. We shared great stories and luxuriated in delicious food provided by our guest. It was great. Thanks Josh!
Coming up this week: We will be meeting with a delegation from Cincinnati this Thursday night and translating for them on Saturday over an organized dinner party. I will write more about developments at school as well as a new book I´m reading. Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Pato! So good to hear from you! I've been reading through our blog a bit, and it's neat to hear about what you've been doing. Pero tenemos que habar porque cuando termino aqui, queria ver sobre una visita a Nica. No se si recuerdas de Brianne, pero es una amiga mia de la Casa que esta trabajando en Nica tambien. Vas a estar el fin de julio??

    ReplyDelete

El Camino Se Hace al Caminar

The Way Is Made By Walking