Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cincinnati Video Pals

So, my friend Megan teaches Spanish at a school back in Cincinnati. She recently sent Thomas, another JV, and me a video from her class asking questions about life here in Nicaragua. Here is the original video full of great questions.





After we saw this awesome video we were struck by some of the very intriguing questions. We sat down right away to construct our response. We had such a great time making the video! Here is our response.




Thanks to Megan and her class for the great assignment!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful!! I love it!!! I wasn't going to reply to your blog directly because I don't want to come off as a proud mother, but I am a very proud mother!! Deal with it.
    I loved seeing things here (dancing) that I hadn't seen. This brought back so many wonderful memories of our visit with you over New Years.
    I found myself answering your questions for myself.
    I found the smells (Burning garbage in the early morning- not so different from campfire), sounds (Roosters, dogs), and sensations (The bumpy street under my feet in the taxi) kind of weird.
    I loved the plastic bags (both the multicolored lightweight ones and the sturdy ones made from them) wonderful. Loved the water filtration system (okay, so I'm weird) and the bags of cold drinking water for one cordoba ($.05) to be so cool. And we were able to get out of the city, and loved the mountains and lakes and sunsets. Most of all I loved the people!! Loved meeting your co-workers and Nicaraguan friends and the other JV's who are all tugging on my heart everyday.
    Thanks! What a great way to start my day! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

El Camino Se Hace al Caminar

The Way Is Made By Walking