Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2008 was a strange day. I started the morning with friends from the store. We took a kayaking trip down the Little Miami river. It was the same ol stretch of river we always paddle except this time it was different. Not only was it the last time paddling for a long time but it was also cold and all the leaves had fallen. It was a totally new river.

Frost and ice lined the banks and the water bit at my cheeks as it splashed up into my face. My favorite part of plowing my little whitewater boat over the ice, breaking it apart, and watching the pieces float down the river. It was a great way to spend the morning. I felt so thankful for the beautiful river, the wildlife that inhabits it, and also for my longtime paddling companion, Kara.

We spent Thanksgiving evening with my grandparents. My grandma had been bedridden for months, not being able to even leave her bed. The past couple weeks we've all been waiting as she slowly passed. Early Friday morning, on the anniversary of her brothers death, my grandmother passed away. She went peacefully and I know she is at peace now. I unfortunately won't be able to make it to her funeral, but I will certainly be there in spirit. I would like to ask for prayers for my mom, grandpa, and the rest of our family as we mourn grandma's passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

El Camino Se Hace al Caminar

The Way Is Made By Walking