Sunday, April 5, 2009

¡La Música Mai!

So, since being in Nicaragua I´ve felt disconnected from American culture a bit. That is to say, the American culture I receive here is different. It´s everywhere: American brands, Wal-Mart-owner-supermarkets, Coca-Cola, eighties music on the radio, etc. One thing I have missed is music. Perhaps it is being away from my friends who constantly kept me updated and interested in new tunes, but I feel like I don´t know what´s out there, and music is one way I have started to feel disconnected. However, that said, I have picked up some new music since being here. It´s funny, some of the most popular music here is in fact American, well, Puerto Rican actually. Here are a couple links to popular songs:

The newest by Daddy Yankee
And Calle 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

El Camino Se Hace al Caminar

The Way Is Made By Walking