Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swine Flu

Everybody's talking about it. Thought I'd let you all know. We're going to be OK here in the JVI Nica house. We have masks.

I think the rains are coming soon. It hasn't rained a drop since December. The rainy season starts this month. We heard thunder today which is a good sign. I'm not sure it will be better in the rainy season. It will certainly be less dusty but also much more humid. We shall see. In other news we had a three day weekend this weekend because of the May 1st celebration of workers. We had a good time seeing some friends and relaxing. I have a meeting this coming week with the teachers and parents of the first grade. The topic is discipline, which these kids have none of. Oh, and by the way today is my 5 month anniversary of being in Nicaragua. I am adjusting well and getting pretty used to life here. El español está mejorando día por día.

No comments:

Post a Comment

El Camino Se Hace al Caminar

The Way Is Made By Walking